Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You got to keep the devil,way down in a hole.

I recently just finished season five of "The Wire" and all I can say is believe the hype. For years I have heard people go on and on about how amazing that show is so about a month a go I threw season one onto the ol netflix.

I couldn't get enough of this show. As soon as the disc came in I would bang it out. In some case it wasn't that hard considering that their was only two episodes on some discs. I understand the psychological value of selling a five disc set for eighty bucks, that people would feel ripped off if the only got three disc. Here's an idea, put three discs in a big box.

This series offers so much, interesting stories, dynamic characters that change and grow right before your eyes, constant action( not three episode of dream sequences like some other HBO programs).

The best thing I can say about "The Wire" is that it sparks conversation. The true measure for a show or film for me is its ability to generate debate and discussion amongst myself and my friends. This show has that in spades.

Rent it, you won't be disappointed.

No comments: