Sunday, June 1, 2008

Suck My White Ass Big Oil!

The point has finally been reached where it is financially detrimental for me to drive to work. My commute cost has literally tripled in the last 5 years. Tolls on the George Washington Bridge have spiked to 8 dollars, up from 6. The Tri-Borough has jumped a buck as well( I have to pay this toll twice a day.) And the biggest burden of all, gas has gone from 1.60- 3.85(Jersey gas is super cheap compared to the national average).

The time has come to take the train. Well, not just a train. A train, then a Jersey Train, and then a bus. Still even with all the switches and scheduling headaches I still end up cutting my traveling cost by more then half (and adding 45 minutes onto my commute time in some cases).

I had been shopping for a hybrid or a Mini, but the cost saving in the MPG difference is not enough to keep me in a vehicle. The only feasible solution would be an electric car that I charge with solar power from my home.

Perhaps in five years when I have a home I will save up the money to put solar panels on it and use them to charge my Tesla Roadster(bad ass). For now I will be rocking my portable DVD player, or reading, or staring out the window of a LIRR train as I try to figure out what to do with all the money that the Oil criminals and the toll trolls will no longer be getting from me.

No comments: