Friday, June 13, 2008

God Speed Mr. Russert

Tim Russert was a true giant in this industry. The sheer joy that he experienced in the covering of politics was obvious to anyone who watched. In a time when political coverage has become tainted with hate and bias, Mr. Russert was a bastion of authenticity and fairness.

I never met the man, but one of my fondest memories of him as a viewer came on the morning after "Super Tuesday". I was having my breakfast and turned on MSNBC(Morning Joe) to hear the results. Tim came on to discuss the results and I noticed that he hadn't shaved and his hair was messy. It was then revealed that Tim never went to bed that night, he had been up all night reviewing the numbers. That's how much he loved that job, it wasn't work to him it was something he really cared about and enjoyed.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

No comments: